- This event has passed.
Accounting and Financial Management Basics for Entrepreneurs
January 23 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$129
Entrepreneur, business advisor and professional accountant Kyla Lam will take you through the financial basics of business ownership.
This online course will cover:
· Accounting terminology
· Registration and compliance with statutory requirements such as payroll, GST and PST
· Understanding proprietorship vs corporation
· How tax deductions work in a business
· Reading and interpreting financial statements
· Understanding costs in a business
· Pricing Strategies
· Operating, Capital and Cash Budgets
· Decision making using quantitative and qualitative factors
At the end of this course you should have a strong foundation in understanding the technical side of business finances but also the skills to do basic financial analysis and support good decision making.
This course will be offered through College of the Rockies in two sessions – Saturday January 23, 1-5pm and Saturday February 6, 1-5pm.
Registration opens up in the new year. Check back here or follow us on social media for updates!